Joining instructions and locations
Joining instructions for WES Conference 2011 – IET Savoy Place London, WC2R 0BL
We’re nearly there! This year’s Women’s Engineering Society conference ‘Getting There’ is now only a week away. We have a great set of speakers (Highways Agency, Network Rail, Atkins, Watershed and many more) and a delegate list brimming with wonderful women. We’re very much looking forward to seeing you there.
Registration will commence in the Lancaster Room at 0830 with the conference running from 0930 until 1645 followed by a drinks reception.
We have a great technical programme and three workshops:
- Confident, competent and certified – is that me? Breakfast Briefing on gaining chartered or incorporated status with ICE London Chair Rachel Skinner, sponsored by Parsons Brinckerhoff
- Getting set for leadership – a CPD session covering gravitas with Laurel Hermann and critical thinking with MentorSET Manager, Jacqui Hogan
- Engaging girls in engineering with Pat Morton, Jill Collins and Dawn Fitt.
WES, along with WTS love to celebrate the achievements of women engineers – what better way than through the Karen Burt Award for the best newly qualified Chartered Engineer. Isobel Pollock, WES member and Deputy President of the IMechE will present this year’s award prior to a networking reception starting at 16:00. Your friends and colleagues are welcome to join us to toast this year’s amazing woman!
Registration will commence in the Lancaster Room at 0830 with the conference running from 0930 until 1645.
IET Savoy Place WC2R 0BL
The IET Savoy Place London offices are next door to the Savoy Hotel, on the river side (as opposed to the Strand entrance). The nearest underground station is Embankment. Exit the station on the river side (ie out to the main road), and turn left along Victoria Embankment. Walk down towards Waterloo Bridge, which is the next bridge down the river. The IET is a red brick and white stone building on the corner of Savoy Place/Savoy Street, just before you cross the road to go under Waterloo Bridge.
Detailed information on travelling to Savoy Place is available on the pdf sheet, Getting to Getting There .
Thursday Dinner - Antalaya, 103-105 Southampton Row WC1 4BHH
www.antalaya.co.uk (refer to website for directions)
This is a Turkish restaurant a 5 minute walk to the Tavistock Hotel, serving lots of lovely food to share including vegetarian. Drinks on arrival from 19:30 with dinner at 8pm, with a set menu including a selection of starters, platters and salads, with wine; desert and coffee to follow. Further places can still be booked on line until Thursday morning at 9am to email@example.com
Walking directions from Tavistock Hotel:
- Turn right on leaving the Hotel
- Take the 1st right onto Woburn Place
- Continue past Russell Sq and down Southampton Row. Restaurant is on the left.
Friday Dinner Carluccio's Caffe, 2 Garrick Street WC2E 9BH
This is an Italian Restaurant about 15 mins walk from the IET. Dinner will start at 7:30 with a welcome glass of fizz or a soft drink. There will be a small set menu to choose from including a choice of starters, main course and dessert including pasta, vegetarian and Italian ice creams. There may be small number of places left @£30. Please enquire directly with Carol on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Walking directions from IET:
- Head southwest on Savoy Pl toward Savoy Hill
- Turn right onto Carting Ln
- Turn left onto Strand
- Turn right onto Bedford St
- Continue onto Garrick St. Restaurant will be on the right